The Beuron fonts provide the script used in the works of the Beuron art school, a monumental script consisting of capital letters only. Beuronese art was a reform movement of Christian art, established by Peter Lenz (1832–1928) and Jakob Wüger (1829–1892). Lenz and Wüger entered the Benedictine abbey of Beuron (near Sigmaringen in Southern Germany) in 1872 and 1870 respectively, where they worked as Pater Desiderius and Pater Gabriel. Beuronese art was essentially carried by the circle of their pupils from the monastery in the following decades up to the 1930s. The Beuron typeface is recommended for headings and ornaments in prayer books, hymnals and the like.